Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Greetings from Poznan, Poland 060115

Just touched down Poland yesterday and I'm missing home already..... :(

Outstation for a project in Helsinki with a colleague and we have to be in Poland for production check. Have a few things to reflect upon myself as we have landed in the wrong area of Poland..... This caused us not only cash pain but also the pain of traveling across half the country to the correct area. We were at Wasclaw and realised that the place should be in Poznan and this took us about 4 hours cab ride. 300EUR. GOODNESS BLEED. And worst thing is the currency difference!!!! All along we thought they are using Euros but no!!! Its their polish currency, Zloty....
I should have made a thorough check and confirmation from our supplier before making a trip down V.V really should be more careful next time!

But I guess its kinda great to have a car trip to see half the Poland of how is it like. The cab driver is friendly and talked to us through out the ride. We found out that actually Polish people are really poor. What we are earning in Singapore for the same job as them, they are earning at 4 times lesser.. and they cost of living is a little higher than us. For a simple sandwich with ham and cheese, in Singapore you can get it at $2.50 in 7 eleven and for them, its PLN 7.99, which is about SGD 3.20... And to be honest, they don't have good public transport and even decent above average restaurant... 
Feel really thankful to chanced upon this driver, sharing with us histories of Poland and the situation.. allowing me to not only learn but cherish with what I have already had. 

Weather is at -1 degree today and I'm really partial frozen. My hands are kinda blistered in the cold and they are bleeding. hahah my body really sucks when she reaches such cold places!!!!! Overall for now, its still good, nice scenery from our little cosy pension and our supplier had done a great job for us. Now all we have to do is wait for setup and show end. 

A picture of the view from our pension stay!


/////

I guess I am really missing my Mr See.. can't wait the last day of show so I can shoot back to Singapore and hug him to sleep. Nonetheless, this trip really made me cherish with what I have, warm weather, sweet family and definitely a awesome boyfriend. I hope I can never forget what I have experience and learnt from this trip! 

Alright~signing off!

-YS

No comments: